Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Champions League Final Day


I would like to wish everyone a happy UEFA Champions League Final Day. Once a year my old college teammates will actually take time off of work to sit down and catch the game with me over lunch.
We here at Sterlinho are Manchester United Supporters, but we didn't recently jump on the bandwagon like all of Chelsea's American supporters. I became a fan of ManU when European Football was just starting to make its way on to TV sets in the USA. I'll never forget Allen Hansen's famous line, "you'll never win anything with kids" when ManU lost to Aston Villa on the opening day of the 95-96 season. There was a sense of satisfaction watching "the kids" who were close to my age, like Giggs, Becks, Scholes and the Neville brothers win the Premier League Title. So I've been a United fan ever since. We've had our ups and downs along the way like any other relationship, but its been good the last few years. So I can't hold it against Sir Alex that we no longer have my favorites from the Treble winning team in '99 like Becks, Yorke and Cole. Besides I could watch Ronaldo all day long.
So happy Champions League Final Day and enjoy the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment