Friday, May 22, 2009

Zak Attack

Can Steve Zakuani spearhead the attack for the Sounders? With no Brad Evans, no Zach Scott, and no Freddie Ljungberg, Seattle may rely on the speed and attacking prowess of their rookie winger. With a Colorado team that has yet to be beaten at home and looking to exploit Seattle's gaps due to key injuries, this may not be the night Sigi's boys try to ride the Z Train. What do you guys think? Can Z work the Rapids as he did against Dallas? Will it all be for nothing if his supporting cast can't finish? Or does this have all the ingredients of another frustrating tie MLS fans have been forced to choke down. If you ask me, Seattle looks to be underdogs in this one.

4 comments:

  1. I like being an underdog man. But you never know Steve Zakuani could just explode and display all his potential. But! I'm not gonna hold my breath, after the watching Seattle blow all the opportunities they had, they might be better off pulling a Galaxy. Wait, did I just say that... Someone knock me out! No one should ever resort to that kind of puss ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that starting the non-starters can work great because they play like they have something to prove. Could be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon #1 I believe the Gals are getting pts to keep them in the playoff race. Although, it's not how I would want my team to play, LA are getting pts. Anon #2, I like that attitude, the only thing is can the Seattle bench keep it up for 90min? or will not playing enough games come into play as fatigue sets in. ESPECIALLY playing in that altitude. May be a lot to ask from the reserves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My biggest concern is if Peter Vagenas is going to start. They guy hasn't played a full game since last year and has been dealing with a knee injury. Plus, I've never been impressed with him. Our backline was the biggest question mark going into the season but I've been feeling like we don't have enough attacking depth. Jarrod Smith and Roger Levesque aren't gamebreaker type super subs. I think all of our ties have showed our over dependence on Fredy Montero to score goals. I really want an international striker/winger during the upcoming transfer window.

    ReplyDelete