Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Look back at FC Dallas




For those of you old schoolers, you will remember the Sounders' opponents this week as the team formerly know as the Dallas Burn. Who can forget the awesome fire breathing horse with lightning legs logo that Dallas rocked back in the day? If I were an FCD fan, I might be asking the front office to bring back the Burn days complete with Jason Kreis, Brian Haynes, Mark Dodd, Alain Sutter, Leonel Alvarez and Hugo Sanchez; not offering me Drew Cary replica glasses. Who knows, maybe another re-branding might help FC Dallas to put some people in the seats at Pizza Hut Park? Or maybe they should just move back to the Cotton Bowl.


So with that, I leave you with a high point in Dallas' footy history...Highlights from the 1997 US Open Cup Final against DC United.




P.S. - I have the short sleeve version of the jersey that United was wearing. So if you want it, make me an offer that I can't refuse and you can have the shirt off my clothes rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment