Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MLS Cup Weekend


(Harkes in the back seat of Sterlinho's ride)




Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. I've been pretty sick the last couple of days and I'm assuming the crazy weekend I had contributed to it. Even though I got sick, I don't care, I had one of the best times of my life! It was Epic. Not only did Sterlinho and I chill at Kell's Irish Pub with all the Designated Players, we got a chance to meet John Harkes, Chris Pontius, Roger Levesque, Alexi Lalas and a few others. It was bananas, everyone was having a great time. Especially Sterlinho and I as we were trying so hard to not be star struck.

In meeting all the "soccer celebs," I got to hangout with a guy named Simon Evans who works for Reuters. He's a pretty interesting fellow, who had some great ideas and thoughts on our writing and our site. We also seemed to connect well since we're both from Miami, Florida. Here's a link to Simon's latest entry for Reuters.

Another guy who I thought was awesome was Bruce McGuire who has a site called du nord futbol. Bruce had some of the best advice for us and was so great in letting me pick his brain. You can follow Bruce's stuff by clicking here.

The most interesting part of our night was giving a lost John Harkes and a friend of his a ride back to their hotel. It was a pretty fun ride, as Harksey was incredibly lost and if we didn't pick him up it would have been really bad for him. Harkes is one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet, funny as hell and just down to earth. It was a perfect ending to a perfect night. Kell's you out did yourself and Thanks for a great weekend Seattle.

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of surreal that John Harkes has been in my backseat...and that sounds kind of dirty too. That was a fun weekend. I'll have to post some of the pics that I took from the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I wish I could have been there! Work is over rated!

    ReplyDelete