Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More News For Your Tuesday


Yesterday when I talked about David Beckham having asthma, I thought I just missed it somewhere along the years. Apparently, it's making headlines in England too. I also ran across this article written before MLS Cup about the 10 things we've learned from David's time in MLS. It's definitely worth the read.

Darren Fletcher has opened his mouth...and I still don't like him. First, he talks about how much of a hack he is, and then he complains about to play defense for Ronaldo. Dude, you're a defensive midfielder. Get over it! You'll never be the creative, attacking player that gets the big pay day...and the girls. Of course you probably don't carry a Murse either.

2 comments:

  1. I love this line from the Beckham article; "Here he is getting a straight red for going through Seattle's brilliantly-named Peter Vagenas!"
    And of course this; "Now, victory against the hysterically-named Real Salt Lake in the MLS Cup will cap an unexpected redemption"
    I finally get English humor, it's all in the names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I laughed at those same sentences. I guess it shows how Europe/England view the league.

    ReplyDelete