Monday, November 23, 2009

News From This Weekend


I admit it. I'm a slacker. I was too busy living it up during MLS Cup weekend that I didn't get around to giving you all the juicy footy news you crave. So instead of reinventing the wheel, I'm giving you links to the news that you need to know.

You probably already know this, but Real Salt Lake are the 2009 MLS Champions.



Wednesday is the expansion draft for the Philadelphia Union. Each team's protected players list came out today and here are the players left unprotected.

MLS announced the Generation Adidas graduates.

The USL Breakaway teams are forming the NASL...minus the Sounders and Earthquakes. But what about the Cosmos?

Long time DC United midfielder, Ben Olsen is retiring.

Jermaine Defoe and Tottenham went off on Wigan to the tune of 9-1, causing the Wigan players to refund the ticket prices to the fans. You can see the highlights here.

Did you know that David Beckham has asthma? I didn't.

Apparently, Freddie Ljungberg is a fan of Hawaii, but not MLS pitches.

I attended the MLS Supporters Summit on Saturday where Commissioner Garber discussed expansion, naming Montreal and David Beckham's option to own a future team as teams number 19 and 20 to round out the league.

I ran into Preki on Sunday, who happens to be the new coach for Toronto FC.

Oh Danny Boy and I definitely had some adventures and made some good connections to make this blog even better in the future. Stay tuned for more tales from MLS Cup 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment