Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The New Meadowlands Stadium

There was nothing I hated more about New York than getting to the Meadowlands. Then, once I finally made it there I had to put up with the crappy turf that the MetroStars played on in the empty cavern called Giants Stadium. I so wanted the West Side Stadium to be approved. I saw that place as a ticket to the return of the Cosmos.

But times have changed. The Red Bulls (though they still suck) will have their new stadium and the New Meadowlands will actually have train Service! Woo hoo! After the Gold Cup Final at Giants Stadium on Sunday, World Cup 2022 should be a no brainer. Except that the "new" stadium will now be 12 years old and out of date by then. Oh well. Here are the FIFA executives touring the new Meadowlands, courtesy of USsoccer.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment