Friday, July 10, 2009

What's Wrong With American Soccer?


A lot of U.S. footy fans got caught up in the run that the Nats made to the Confederations Cup final. They viewed it as a preview of the success we are going to see at next year's World Cup. I was actually discouraged that we made it out of the group stage with only one win. To me, winning one out of three games doesn't justify a trip to the quarterfinals. Then we got lucky against Spain and crashed back to earth against Brasil. Two wins and three losses and we were calling the tournament a success. I see that as a losing record. I haven't found many people that agree with me, until I read Adam Spangler's piece over at This Is American Soccer. You need to read this... and then figure out how you can be part of the solution.
Read his story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment