Monday, August 24, 2009

Man City on the move again.


Manchester City have confirmed the signing of veteran Brazilian left-back Sylvinho on a free transfer for a one-year contract. City also reached an agreement for Everton defender Joleon Lescott. The move is subject to the player agreeing on personal terms and passing a medical. At one spectrum you have City spending (with the exception of Sylvinho) an obscene amount of money and showing their intentions with their results, but we also have Arsenal flying out the gate with only one signing this summer. What's the right reciepe for success? Buying for trophies or finding the right kind of young talent and developing them in a system that is first class. I'm trying to not be so judgemental as if City and Real Madrid were my team, I would be completely on board with the spending. Since I am not, I am fighting the fact that I am not to pleased with the spending. Let me know your thoughts. Spend spend spend or spend a little and develop your youth?

No comments:

Post a Comment