Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sterlinho on SoundersFC.com


I alluded to it in a previous post, but I spent Sunday in the sand on Alki Beach for the first annual Sounders FC Soccer Beach Blast presented by Super Supplements. The team I was playing for, Ginger Squidge, won the tournament. The sand was really tough to play in and it also cancelled out skill. The team we played in the final really packed it in defensively and just hustled. They weren't really soccer players, which is why I felt confident going into penalty kicks. Check out the video to see more action and an interview with me.


The girls from Doyle's were good. They ran everybody. I was glad that I didn't have to play them. I also chatted with Taylor Graham for a while and he's a really cool guy. Rookies Evan Brown and Mike Fucito were also there to present trophies to the winners.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching the beach blast video! You were confident and collected during your interview and your voice sounds really nice on tape. Maybe you should be a soccer announcer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A lot of Super Supplements" you really wanted to make it on the video, didn't you?
    Nice job on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was joking when I said Super Supplements but they don't show my face so you can't tell that I'm joking around. Super Supplements did give us a whole swag bag with a lot of products. Guys from my team were chugging the energy drink going into the knockout rounds. So I wan't lying.

    ReplyDelete