Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My thoughts on Honduras




After seeing the Honduran national team fall to the American's in Honduras, nothing prepared me for what I saw as the USMNT walked off the pitch... The Honduran supporters cheering for our boys. This was such an awesome act that it left me in amazement, our boys just about crushed their chances of seeing South Africa and yet they still applauded the old US of A. Well, not only did they cheer for us after we beat them, but they waved our flag along with theirs after Honduras defeated El Salvador 1-0 (Carlos Pavon), thus ensuring a place in SA. No doubt, the U.S. flag waving was in thanks that we tied Costa Rica, but the gratitude and respect is something I don't think I would ever see in Mexico. Take notes Mexico, even as Honduras is in political turmoil they still know how to be gracious in triumph and defeat. Congrats to Honduras for making the World Cup, you owe us one if we ever need it... IF we ever need it. I am down with team Soul Glo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just glad that we get to do more Team Soul Glo posts through the World Cup!

    ReplyDelete