Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finally! A game for a DJ.



Sterlinho's been going off with all the video game posts and I got sucked into the virtual world by clicking link, after link, after link, after...until I found something for me. I never really got into the whole Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing. Although I could rock a mean set of drums, the music (except for the Beastie Boys songs) never caught my attention. But it looks like the game developers are finally coming around to market to the urban masses. Scratch: The Ultimate DJ is currently in development along with Activision's DJ Hero. So we'll see which one I pick up and try...and which one will be this year's HD-DVD and Betamax.
My first impression is that I will like Scratch's controller better along with their graphics (graffiti like). But DJ Hero has the Activision muscle and will be able to play along with other DJs, guitars and mics. If there is anything that I've learned from the format wars - its that the best product or technology doesn't always win.

No comments:

Post a Comment