Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why not?





Not since 1998 have I seen a U.S. Team look so dismal, heartless, passionless and with no interest in what they are representing. This team needs a big shake up and the U.S. needs to start looking at players that are in form. After watching Santino Quaranta and Edson Buddle lately, I'm starting to wonder... Would it really be that bad to call these guys into training camp and see what they can provide? Worse case scenario, is that they would be just as useless as Dempsey, Beasley, Altidore and Mastroeni. I know BB is bringing in young guys to training camp for the Gold Cup, but would it be that big of a mistake to bring in 2 guys that have fallen from the National Team graces? I don't know what the right answer is for the USMNT, but I know these 2 boys deserve at least a consideration, if not a call into camp. I also, need to see something from the powers that be that it's serious in making the right moves to improve and finally show we are a great soccer nation. Am I out of line in thinking Santino and Edson should deserve a call? Do you agree in shaking things up? What players do you think should be called in that's not currently on the team or in camp?

No comments:

Post a Comment