Monday, June 22, 2009

Parting the Red Sea















The USMNT pulled off an improbable place in the semi-finals of the Confederations Cup by defeating Egypt 3-0 and with a little help from Brazil as they defeated Italy by the same score. Goals from Charlie Davies, Michael Bradley and Clint "Deuce," Dempsey saw the American's put on a display that has not been seen for a quite some time. Everything the American's were coming under fire for in the last few games, was not evident in this day. Maybe, the pressure was off since they thought they were out of the tournament, maybe it was the Davies goal that sparked them or maybe they realized finally they haven 't been the same US side we all know and love. What ever it was, the US finally showed in a large stage what it is capable of. Did this game make me a believer... Not yet, but what it did do was show when they have the desire, the heart, and passion they are capable of anything. This is the American side I know. Which US side will show up for the Spain game? I hope to see this side of the Americans, the side that has a huge chip on their shoulder. I hope I never see the side that gave up against Italy, or the side that decided to give the game away to Brazil. For this US supporter this game was the best Birthday/Fathers day gift a guy could ask for, I only ask if they can give me an early Christmas present and show me more against Spain. I know it's a tall order, but all I am asking for is for a fight, win or lose... Fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment