Thursday, June 11, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do


With news surfacing out of Europe that Cristiano Ronaldo will be sold to Real Madrid for a world record $131 million, I feel a little like I just got dumped. I've got nothing against Real Madrid, they just aren't my ManU. Although it was eventually inevitable, I've got this pit in my stomach that feels eerily similar to when they sold off the Treble winning team from 1999. Goodbye, Becks, Cole, Yorke...and now Ronaldo.
I find it amazing the bond that you can have with your club and your players. There was a while in the early 2000's that I felt disgusted with ManU for selling of my favorite players. I didn't like their players, their style of play, etc...and then along came CR7. It took some time for him to get settled in, but it's been an amazing ride. Kind of like getting the opportunity to date a model, even if it's only for a short while and you may be the rebound guy.
So now I've got that hollow feeling in my stomach, wondering what Sir Alex will pull out of his magic hat next. He's done it before with The Kids and he did it again after The Treble. So it looks like I have to sit tight and wait and watch and pray, that we'll be able to replace Ronaldo with another young talented prospect or two...or three. But until then, it looks like I'll have to get a subscription to GolTV since FSC doesn't show the Spanish La Liga. I guess I should have been better prepared for this, even Santiago Munez left England for Real Madrid. How could I expect Ronaldo to do any different?

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if the Aon Corporation is a little pissed about this move. Do you think they knew that Ronaldo would be sold when they signed as Shirt Sponsor? Their press released talked about 6.6 million walking billboards...without Ronaldo, I think that number will be a little lower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this when the Adu to ManU rumors resurface?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart will go on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it gets worse...he left ManU for Paris too!
    http://x17online.com/celebrities/paris_hilton/x17_xclusive_paris_hooks_up_with_cristiano_ronaldo-06112009.php

    ReplyDelete